Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fore Your Birthday

A Fun Shaker Card


This card was fun to make and I used many techniques on it.  I used Distress Inks to make the blue and green background on a piece of PTI's white stampers cardstock.  After making the background I stamped the trees, green and flag...all from PTI.  I also die cut the golf cart and golf flag with dies that match PTI's On The Links stamp set.  The trees are from their stamp set Through the Trees.  For the fun stuff in the shaker card, I used die cut tees and sequins.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set On The Links.  After die cutting the cart I used some masking to stamp the tires and then the body of the cart.  I embossed the tires with black embossing powder.  The circle around the card is cut from PTI's kraft stripe paper.  The next photo gives you a closer look.

I used a pearl for the golf ball.  For the window I used some recycled packing material.  I love how this turned out.  This was also done for Summer Card Camp 2.  In today's lesson, Kelly, from Lawn Fawn did a fun shaker card with hot air balloons that was so cute!!  Thanks for stopping by and have a great evening!

10 comments:

  1. Cute, cute! Great job on the technique and on incorporating this week's colors. The items in your shaker are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for a guy or gal who loves golf.
    Creative take on today's lesson!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really clever card. I love the golf theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and creative. Love the tees! You did a wonderful job creating your background with the distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Great idea and a perfect card for a golf geek :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable. Love the golf theme and the pearl ball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute. Need to get some golf stamps for cards for my golf obsessed hubby. This turned out great.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog