Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Happy Birthday Foxy

Summer Card Camp 2


Today I made a card using an unusual color combo for me:



http://onlinecardclasses.com/summercardcamp2/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/SCC2_week3_colors.jpg                                                              


This was a super hard palette for me.  I wanted to make a card last night but could not wrap my head around these colors.  Today is a new day and I came up with this




I used a few die cuts for this card from PTI.  The stamp set for the fox, butterfly and small heart is from Hello Foxy along with those dies.  The words happy and foxy are from that same set.  The word BIRTHDAY is a die that matches the stamp set Wonderful Words: Birthday.  I cut that die out using 3 different cardstock colors.  I then glued in the various colored pieces into the aqua reverse die cut using the purple word as my base.  The fox was cut from kraft and stamped in dark brown.  I highlighted the tail with Enamel Accents.  I also added some Glossy Accents to the butterfly dots.  My moon is a circle that I heat embossed with gold embossing powder after dragging my Versamark ink over it.  I heat embossed this moon three times.  I also cut out that cute border three times and added various colors to that as well.  I took the aqua border and cut two little pieces and made the fox's bow and added a gem to the center.

As you can see I also added some faux stitching around the aqua border.   I like how this card turned out.  Hope you enjoy!  This class rocks you should certainly take this class!  It is available at anytime.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice card! You did excellent work on this! Love every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did great with the color combo...and that fox is so cute
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog