Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Ombre Effect

Loving the Ombre Technique in class today!!

 

 

Sorry about the pictures.  One was taken with my son's iphone...and this one with my camera.  This is a close up shot of the ombre technique we learned in Summer Card Camp 2 class today.  You heat emboss with different shades of the same color of embossing powder.  Here I used two shades of aqua and some white embossing powder.  I love this technique.  The only thing that I hate is you have to throw the powder away once you pour the colors as they get mixed up when you tap it off.  I went from the darkest to lightest powder.  I used the same technique on my next card as well.


This picture is not any better....sorry!!  I went from lightest embossing powder to darkest on this card.  The stamps and Framelit on this card are from the new Stampin' Up Catalog.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog