Sunday, August 11, 2013

Festive Friday's Challenge 14

Candy Cane Wishes

 

 This week on Festive Friday's Challenge blog we were to use candy canes! On the Moxie Fab we were challenged to make a Christmas card.  Christmas in August!  I love the way this card came out.  I used the talented Lisa Johnson's Stitched Stockings from MMT.  I love this stamp set with the stocking dies!  I used PTI's stamper's white cardstock, twine and Fabulous Frame's stamps and dies.  I love scattering sequins!  Could you tell?  Below is a closer look at the stockings.

I added little buttons and bells to my stockings along with candy canes coming out of the top.  Very "CANDYCANISH" don't you think?  The sentiment is heat embossed using silver embossing powder!  Hope you enjoy this little "cool off" in August.


8 comments:

  1. These are the cutest stockings! love all the sequins and the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* how you interpreted our challenge! The stockings definitely work so perfectly! Thank you so much for playing with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black white and red is very effective. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so fun with all the texture and details - you gotta love a card that jingles when you open it! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute and I love love love the tiny jingle bells!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little bells look so sweet embellishing your stockings, and the little candy canes are perfect poking out! Really CUTE, fun and festive creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Betty Sue! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog